Saturday, January 5, 2013

January continues...

...the 2nd resulted in a failed attempt to see Eagle Owl locally bu I did manage to add Kestrel, Grey Wagtail and Wren.

However the following day I was meeting Jane at Alicante Airport so got there a couple of hours early and visited the nearby Santa Pola Salinas. This was superb in just a very short time I had added quite a few new species including an Osprey, Great White Egret, several Spoonbills, Little Stints and Dunlin plus lots of Greater Flamingos, Slender-billed & Lesser Black-backed Gulls, Avocets, Black-winged Stilts, Shelduck & Great Crested Grebes.

Today while playing backgammon on the roof terrace I added my 76th bird of year with an over-flying Common Buzzard - things seem to be going well! Please continue sending your pledges of sponsorship, my new target of 2000 euros is getting ever closer.

No comments: