Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Money pouring in!

Today I am down in Malaga getting ready to start my first of several visits to the Sierra de Andujar. Not only am I hoping for continued excellent Iberian Lynx sightings but to continue adding to the year list and hopefully achieve 140+ species by the end of the month.

Last Sunday, a couple of events coincided to push forward the sponsorship money for 'Life Lince', which were the counting of the 'Money Pig' and I hosted a quiz in the local bar. Both of these fundraising exercises were great successes with 230 euros being counted out of the Pig and 180 euros from the quiz and raffle.
 
Thank you very much to the few who participated in the free competition and the winner will be notified very soon - apparently their guess was 231, which is amazing. Very well done and £50 will be deducted from your next JSW holiday or short break. Also I would like to very much thank Jane for her  invaluable assistance on the quiz night,  Lucy (and Tara) of Bar Amigos for letting me utilise their establishment and to everyone who contributed on the night either with participation or with some of the generous raffle prizes - it is greatly appreciated.
 
So as it stands at the moment with the money I have been pledged for the annual bird race, we are currently in excess of 2000 euros, which is absolutely phenomenal!!!

No comments: